If you were given a link to the organization's RDWEB workplace, you will have downloaded an .rdp file which can be imported into the Microsoft Remote Desktop app you just downloaded.
To import an RDP file:
- Open the app
- In the menu bar, select File > Import.
- Browse to the RDP file.
- Select Open.
The connection will then be available to use.
If your organization does not have an RDWEB workspace and you were not given an RDP file, you'll need to manually configure the connection:
Jephens will give you the following information:
Your Computer Name
Your Corporate RDGateway
You'll be responsible for knowing your username and your password.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application
- Click the "+" icon
- Select PC
- For PC Name, enter the name of the remote computer to connect to.
- For User Account, click the dropdown to change the setting
- Click Add User Account
- For User Name, type in Domain\Username
- For Password, type your Corporate Password. (Note: you will need to update your Remote Desktop settings every time you change your password.)
- Click Save
- For Friendly Name, enter the PC name
- Click on no gateway to change the setting
- Select Add Gateway from the dropdown
- For Server Name, enter <gateway name provided to you by Jephens>
- For User Account, click Use PC User account
- Select your username from the list
- Click Add
- Click Add again
- To initiate the connection, double click on your PC Name tile
- Click Show Certificate
- Click Always Trust to prevent seeing this warning again for the PC specified
- Click Continue